Brass Rings - Sizing and Craft Ideas
Brass rings are a basic craft supply that can be used in a wide variety of crafts. They are brass plated steel rods that have been soldered together at one end into a circle so that there is no gap in the ring. They are solid and strong circles that can be used to reinforce or strengthen a circular craft. Different trims and items can be wrapped around them for decoration. They can also be crocheted around for a solid circle. The possiblilites with brass rings can go as far as the crafter's imagination.
Brass Ring Sizes
- Size given is the outside diameter. To find the inside diameter, subtract 1/4" from the size given.
- Brass rings are 1/8" thick, which is about 10-gauge.
- Brass rings come in diameters of 1" to 19", with some half inch sizes available.
- Brass rings are generally brass plated nickel.
Popular Brass Ring Manufacturers
Craft Ideas With Brass Rings
- Dream catchers/spirit shields
- Ring toss game
- Painting guides for polka dots (on virtually any surface)
- Curtain rings or tie backs
- Centerpiece bases-cover with ribbon, fabric, or silk flowers
- Wreath bases-cover with silk flowers or greenery
- Macramé projects
- Leather projects
- Bead projects
- Jewelry-bracelets, rings, necklaces
- Purse or tote handles
Projects using Brass Rings
Patriotic Ring Toss
T-Shirt Market Bag
DIY Tie Organizer
For more craft ideas with brass rings go to Think Crafts!
Save and Share